NJMCDIRECT works to improve the perception of manufacturing as a profession, as well as the overall regulatory environment for manufacturers in New Jersey. Here in this article, we will be going to tell you what is E-ZPass in New Jersey E-ZPass is an electronic device for the toll payment collection system. It is used in many states of the United States. The New Jersey state also uses E-ZPass for toll payment collection. If you apply for the E-ZPass, then you will get a tag that you have to attach to your vehicle.
New Jersey Manufacturers Council on Corporate Responsibility, Digital Innovation & Research (NJMCDIRECT) is a membership-based organization whose charter is to create and foster an innovation ecosystem by providing resources, education, and networking opportunities for manufacturers. New Jersey manufacturers face unique challenges when it comes to competing in the 21st-century digital economy.
Drivers can pay their toll payments using E-ZPass instead of paying in cash. It is an electronic toll-collection payment system. Drivers can apply for the E-ZPass online at www.njmcdirect.com official website. You can use this E-ZPass to pay your toll fees when you use toll roads, bridges, highways, tunnels, etc. Visit the official website of the E-Zpass – www.njmcdirect.com
How to sign up for E-ZPass in New Jersey
First of all, you have to create an “E-ZPass Account” to pay your toll payments online. Follow the below steps to sign up for E-ZPass in New Jersey:
- Visit the official website of the E-Zpass – www.njmcdirect.com
- Click on the “Sign Up for E-ZPASS” option.
- There will be two options that come on your screen – open an individual account and open a business account. You have to choose one of them.
- When you are opening an account for yourself then select an individual account or you can also use E-ZPass for your business.
- New Jersey Manufacturers Council on Corporate Responsibility, Digital Innovation & Research (NJMCDIRECT) is a membership-based organization whose charter is to create and foster an innovation ecosystem by providing resources,
- Now, select the check box, “I agree to the E-ZPass New Jersey Individual/Business Terms & Conditions.”
- Then, click on the “Enroll Now” option to proceed with the process.
- After that, you have to enter some details like contact information, mailing address, e-mail address, etc.
- After filling in all the details click on the “Next: Tags & Vehicles” tab.
- Then, you will be asked some questions related to your vehicle and tags.
You have only 15 minutes to complete your process online. So, do it a little faster. You can also submit application documents to the E-ZPass office.
Individual Account Requirements: An individual account may have up to 6 tags per account. Following is the list of requirements for an individual account:
- Vehicles registered or leased to private individuals and have two axles.
- Cars, motorcycles, pickup trucks, Vans, and RVs.
Business Account Requirements: A business account may have unlimited tags per account. Following is the list of requirements for a business account:
- Vehicles registered or leased to a business entity with two or more axles.
- Single or multiple rear tiers – www.njmcdirect.com
- Pickup, tractor-trailers, auto transporters, and other trucks, buses, vans, cars, motorcycles, and RVs.
How to Log in for E-ZPass in New Jersey
Following are the steps of login to E-ZPass in New Jersey:
- Firstly, visit the official website of E-ZPass www.ezpassnj.com.
- You will see a button “Login/Register” click on that button.
- Now you have to enter your Nj E-ZPass Username, Password, and Security question.
- After filling in all the details, click on the Login button.
- Now, your E-ZPass account login successfully.
How many states use E-ZPass
There are seventeen states currently using the E-ZPass system in the US. Following is the list of states:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- New York
- New Hampshire
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
How much does E-ZPass cost in New Jersey
In New Jersey, E-ZPass customers are charged a monthly service fee of $1 as E-ZPass cost. And they have to pay a monthly $1 fee for a statement fee that you can ask them to send either by email or by their mailing address. NJMCDIRECT works to improve the perception of manufacturing as a profession,
The following are some other charges at E-ZPass:
- When you pay your toll fee through a check and your check gets bounced, then you have to pay a $25 extra fee for that.
- If you lost/stolen/damaged/defaced your tag, you will be charged $9 for the interior or $15 for the exterior tag.
- You have to pay $10 as a tag deposit in the initial.
- When you violate any terms and conditions for E-ZPass, you will be charged $50.
NJMCDIRECT is a non-profit organization that creates and fosters an innovation ecosystem by providing resources, education, and networking opportunities for manufacturers. The organization has a unique approach to providing resources for displaced workers, which includes providing training and an opportunity to network with industry professionals. NJMCDIRECT works to improve the perception of manufacturing as a profession, as well as the overall regulatory environment for manufacturers in New Jersey.